Monday 23 December 2013

The Dream Sequence - Bare Minerals Ready 4.0 Quad.

The Dream Sequence features four shades: 500 Thread Count, Romp, Boudoir, and Nightcap. bareMinerals’ pressed eyeshadow formula contains SeaNutritive Mineral Complex that gives the shadow a “creamy, silky smooth” texture with “seamless blendability” and “stay-true colour.” 


These shadows are advertised to be long-wearing whether worn alone or with primer–you shouldn’t experince creasing or fading. I’ve tested various combinations of shades from the BM duos and quads, and I’ve happily achieved ten hours of solid wear without a primer underneath.

  • 500 Thread Count - described as "airy pink." This beautifully light shade is perfect as a brow highlight and to use on the inner corner of your eyelid.
  • Romp - described as "iridescent lilac." I love using this as a crease colour for a daytime look - it's perfectly smoky in nature without being too dark. My favourite shade in the quad.
  • Boudoir - described as "electric amethyst."  a gorgeous vibrant shade - awesome as a lid colour! Perfect over a black smoky eye in the crease to add an extra oomph for the party season.
  • Nightcap - described as "violet sheen." This rich colour is great for an evening smoky eye look, especially when used on the outer corner of the eyelid and smudged out. You could also use this with a damp brush as an eyeliner. 

I never would of picked up this palette, but since I got it I haven't put it down using romp for a day look or adding a little black in the crease with Boudior for an amazing smoky eye with a twist. Such a great versatile little palette. The palette is £29.00 but for four good quality shadows I think it is a fair price compared to MAC.

What palette have you been loving?



2 comments:

  1. I love the look of this palette. I really like purple eye shadow shades at the moment but I've just picked up the smoky plum one from the Body Shop, otherwise I may have had to get this x

    Becky @ The Little Blog of Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried any eyeshadows from BM but I really like their foundations, blushes and bronzers :)
    Love the colors of this palette, its pretty similar to one of my Kanebo Sensai palettes.. Beautiful purples:) x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read & leave a comment on my post! I appreciate every one and I always take the time to reply, so please do check back, Jane x