Tuesday 25 March 2014

Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream

The Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream is actually a pretty lightweight cream that could be used for everyday. It sinks in fairly fast and did'nt leave any residue behind. While it's substantial enough to be used as a night cream, but I I think it would also work well as a day cream for people with more drier skin under makeup. I've tried it both as a day and night cream, with no problems, It also seems a little thinner than some of the other Kiehl's creams I've tried, the Ultra Facial Cream also has no fragrance, which is great. 


The ingredients for the Ultra Facial Cream are also really great if you're looking to moisturise your skin. The key ingredients are water, as well as Glycerin, very useful in skincare. Also ingredients that help to moisturise the skin. These include Squalane, another excellent moisturising ingredient, Bis-PEG-18 Methyl Ether Dimethyl Silane, which is an ingredient that helps with moisturising the skin, and improving the texture of the cream, Sucrose Stearate, another emollient, and Stearyl Alcohol, which despite the "alcohol" in its name is actually not drying to skin - it's a fatty alcohol, which helps to moisturise the skin. because so many emollients in the cream mean it could be pretty heavy-feeling, Ultra Facial Cream is packed with lots of humectants and emollients, to give you great hydration, while still feeling light on the skin. There are also some plant extracts, the main ones being Prunus Armeniaca Kernel Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Persea Gratissima Oil, Olea Europaea Fruit Oil, and Oryza Sativa Bran Oil, great additions as natural moisturisers for the skin.


So if you're looking for a cream that offers great hydration with a solid formula, if you're looking for a value for money purchase that's effective, then this is worth checking out, I do think this cream is pretty good it didn't make my Normal/combination skin greasy and would be great for dry/sensitive skin as it is really nourishing. Available at Kiehls.co.uk from £24.00, I am really loving this brand at the moment the products are brilliant and I am seeing real improvements in my skin, the next face cream I have my eye on is the Powerful Wrinkle Reducing Cream! It sounds amazing.. *adds to Wishlist*

What's your favourite daily moisturiser? 

3 comments:

  1. Sounds great! I use an olay one at the moment which i'm really liking as it helps my really dry skin x

    kittensintophats.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really good for dry areas, and keeping the whole face hydrated x

      Delete
  2. I was looking at this in my duty free catalogue on my flight from Paris to NYC. I almost bought the eye cream.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read & leave a comment on my post! I appreciate every one and I always take the time to reply, so please do check back, Jane x